Note: Knights of Rizal - Charleroi Chapter will be named KOR Charleroi further in this Privacy Statement
The Policy contains information about KOR Charleroi responsibilities, your rights, the information that may be collected by KOR Charleroi, and how it might be used.
Personal information is any information or an opinion that identifies you and may include sensitive information.
The type of information we collect will depend on your relationship with KOR Charleroi.
For example, we collect personal information from beneficiaries, business partners, donors, members of the public, online users of the KOR Charleroi website, and KOR Belgium personnel (including volunteers, employees, delegates, candidates for volunteer work and prospective employees).
The primary purpose for collecting personal information from individuals is to provide services to children, including planning, funding, monitoring and evaluating our services.
KOR Charleroi will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses, retains or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date and is protected from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
The type of information collected and retained by KOR Charleroi includes personal information about:
* Job applicants
* People receiving a service from KOR Charleroi.
* Other people who come into contact with KOR Charleroi.
Personal information collected by KOR Charleroi includes (without limitation):
* Names and addresses
* Bank account details or credit card information (for donations and/or bank direct debits)
* Dates of birth
* Telephone numbers
* Email addresses Information from previous employers
KOR Charleroi collects personal information about an individual by way of forms filled out, face to face meetings and interviews, telephone calls, facsimiles, email and sometimes through use of contractors/consultants.
When collecting information, only information necessary for the activities of KOR Charleroi will be collected and recorded.
Information given in confidence will remain confidential.
Some third party companies with which we have accounts and on which accounts we post links to website content, including Facebook and other social-media platforms, may track your activity if you click on said links.
Yes – cookies are small pieces of data that are sent to your browser by KOR Charleroi when you visit our website, and are stored on your computer's hard drive.
Cookies are used to collect non-identifying information about our visitors, such as web surfing behaviour or user preferences, and allow us to recognize you when you next visit our website.
By using our website, subscribing to our services, and/or donating online, you agree that we can place cookies on your device.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
KOR Charleroi may also receive personal information from third parties - for example, references or referrals, advertising networks, payment and delivery services, sub-contractors and/or other K.O.R entities.
This information forms part of the personal information described in this policy.
KOR Charleroi in Belgium will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for purposes including (without limitation):
* to verify your identity;
* to provide programs to you;
* to manage and account for the programs provided and to improve those programs;
* to report to government or other funding bodies how funding is used;
* to process donations and provide receipts;
* to manage our relationship with you;
* to communicate with you about how your donation is used;
* to provide you with information about events, causes, programs, products or services we believe may interest you;
* to respond to your feedback, questions or complaints;
* to facilitate our international business operations;
* to provide information to our third party service providers in connection with any of the above.
KOR Charleroi in Belgium does not otherwise disclose personal information without your permission unless the disclosure is:
* or required or authorized by laws in Belgium, including without limitation, international law as well.
* Wherever reasonably practicable, KOR Charleroi in Belgium will store personal information on data servers that are owned and controlled by KOR Charleroi and/or our third party service providers.
However, some of your information may be transferred, stored, processed, used or disclosed overseas by KOR Charleroi if our service providers are located overseas or if the information is required to be used or disclosed overseas for the purpose for which it was conveyed to KOR Charleroi in Belgium by the individual.
We take appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to ensure that we keep your information secure, accurate and up-to-date, and that we only keep it as long as is reasonable and necessary.
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal information, the transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure. We do our best to protect personal information, but we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to our website, so any transmission is at the user's own risk.
However, any payment card details (such as credit or debit cards) we receive on our website are passed securely to our payment processing provider according to the Payment Card Industry Security Standards.
Contacting KOR Charleroi about access, correction and/or privacy complaints is possible via firstname.lastname@example.org
* request access to and seek correction of their personal information held by KOR Charleroi at any time;
* You will be required to provide proof of identity in order to obtain access to your personal information.
KOR Charleroi aims to provide access to your personal information within a reasonable period of time upon receipt of a valid request.
At all times, privacy complaints will be:
* treated seriously;
* dealt with promptly; and
* dealt with in a confidential manner.
KOR Charleroi will commence an investigation into your complaint.
You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint within a reasonable period of time following completion of the investigation.Communications preferences to update us with your communications preferences, including electing NOT to receive further information from us,
please contact our Supporter Care team by email on email@example.com
We can change the types of communications you receive, or stop all communication from us.
Please allow 28 days for your request to be processed and your preferences to take effect.
If we have contacted you by email or text message, you can use the unsubscribe function in that email or text message to notify us that you do not want to receive further information via that channel.